What does the tour include?
The tour includes:
• Full board (three meals a days, a variety of seafood dishes);
• All transfers: airport – pier, pier – hotel, hotel – airport;
• Accommodation on the catamaran and at a hotel (arrival night and departure night if they are within the terms of the program);
• Common expenses (ship implements and utensils);
• Renting of the sailing outfit and life jackets;
• Renting of the full set of kayaking equipment (kayak, paddle, spray skirt, life jacket and helmet);
• Renting of the sailing catamaran, crew members and ship’s cook work;
• Overnight stays in the lodges and camping houses on the shore (within the terms of the program);
• Work of the diver;
• Medical and travel insurance;
• Medical supplies;
• Permits for visiting Specially Protected Nature areas (reserves, sanctuaries, nature parks and nature monuments) and Border Security zones.
What does not the tour include?
The tour does not include:
• Air tickets;
• Accommodation in the hotel in case of varying of the dates of arrival and departure of the cruise’s program participants;
• Expenses on evacuation in case of emergency situations not included into the insurance contract;
• Meals and beverages not included into the cost of the group menu;
• Additional expenses caused by unfavorable weather conditions, illnesses, changes in the flight timetable, breakage of personal and group equipment through tourist’s fault or other unforeseen circumstances;
• Alcoholic drinks.
How to book and pay for the tour?
Preliminary cost of the cruise’s program has been calculated for the group of 10 people, if the number of group members changes downwards, the price of the travel increases for each of the participants. Maximum number of participants – 12. Travel has been designed for favorable weather conditions. Program and timing are exemplary, the crew and instructors choose the routes of the itinerary depending on the participants background and preparation and weather conditions. To confirm the participation in the travel, tourists must pay in advance not later than three months before the beginning of the cruise. In case of refusal from the participation in the travel later than 40 days before it starts – prepayment is not returned. If the cruise is canceled due to managerial reasons, all money is returned. Full payment must be completed not later than 15 days before the beginning of the program. Prepayment can be done by credit card on our account or on the credit card of the company’s member. The rest of the sum is paid in cash on arrival. 100% prepayment is possible.
What clothes and equipment should I take for the travel?
• Comfortable and supportive backpack up to 60 liters of volume;
• Dry bag of the same volume (or a big plastic bag);
• Sleeping bag (designed for -10°C);
• Knee-high rubber boots;
• Hiking boots;
• At least three pairs of hiking and cotton socks;
• Plastic slippers;
• Shell jackets and pants (water and wind proof);
• Two sets of a base layer (warm and light);
• Second layer (optional – hoodies, sweatshirts, fleece shirts, pullover, sweaters);
• Camp clothing (light pants or jeans, T-shirts);
• Hats, caps, headbands, etc.;
• Gloves or mittens;
• Sun glasses and sunscreen;
• Thermos or vacuum flask;
• Headlamp or flashlight;
• Personal hygiene products;
• Personal first-aid kit;
• Insect repellents (better alcohol-containing than ones based on oils);
• Waterproof bag for camera.
Where are we going to sleep?
Guests are accommodated on the sailing catamaran. There are three well-appointed double-berth cabins and two three-berth cabins with closets and shelves (general capacity – 12 people). Each hull is supplied with facilities (toilet and showers). The third shower-room is located at the stern of the watercraft.
There are two heads (ship’s toilets) on board. Two boilers heat the water. During the cruise every member of the team should save fresh water, so it is preferable take a shower once in two days. It is important to be practical about hot water, so that your teammates could enjoy the benefits of a hot shower.
What are we going to eat?
During scheduled cruises and day tours we provide our tourists with three meals a day (full board). In case of chartering the catamaran, food is not included in the cost. We serve traditional Russian dishes:
• For breakfast – sandwiches and toasts, cornflakes, porridge, yoghurt, fruits, tea and coffee;
• For lunch – soups, salads, meat or fish dishes with various garnishes plus snacks on the route;
• For dinner – meat or fish dishes with various garnishes, vegetables, dessert, tea and coffee.
The following things are better to leave at home:
• Your home library and thoughts about work;
• Clothes that you are not going to wear or that is not functional;
• Umbrellas, better raincoats;
• For ladies – hair curles, jewelry, high-heeled shoes.
Am I going to feel seasick?
During long voyages due to the stable design, catamaran acts confidently and effectively. Passengers enjoy the safe and delightful travel and rarely feel seasick because of the softer rolling (in comparison with single-hull boats).
However, to avoid uncomfortable situations, it is better to have a supply of medications for motion sickness, special plasters, for example.
How can I get to Kamchatka? How much do the tickets cost?
Such airlines as Aeroflot, Transaero, Yakutia, S7, Vladavia and Rossiya perform direct and connection flights to Kamchatka. In summer time the cost of tickets from Moscow to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy and back is sky-high, up to 100 000 rubles. But in other seasons it is possible to find cheap tickets – 20 000 – 25 000 rubles. It is always better to start monitoring the prices beforehand. Use numerous internet ticket scanners, such as www.skyscanner.ru.
Will we have a mobile connection during the cruise?
Mobile connection operates only near such populated areas as Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Severo-Kurilsk, Nikolskoye settlement. We have a satellite phone IRIDIUM that tourists can always use in case of emergency.
Is there a first-aid kit on board?
We definitely have all necessary medicaments; besides, our crew is able to provide first aid prior to professional medical help. However, please, make sure you have your personal kit.
Is the voyage safe?
Travelling by a sailing catamaran, sea kayaks or cross-country trekking belong to eco and extreme kinds of tourism and might be hazardous for any participant of the cruise. The combination of such health risk factors as waves, strong winds, low temperatures, proximity to steep rocks and cliffs, rapid change of weather conditions, and a possibility to encounter wild animals demands from each tourist to be careful, attentive and responsible. Participants of the voyage must respect and help each other.
Each traveler must be aware of the mentioned and other health risk factors and make a decision about the cruise consciously and voluntarily. Travelers must be responsible for their actions, or for their inactivity.
“Kamride” company makes every effort to avoid or reduce any of the health risks mentioned above, but it is not responsible for the damage caused to the participants in case of realization of them.
To keep off uncomfortable or dangerous situations, participants of the voyage must follow safety rules.